Re: new German LilyPond forum

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: new German LilyPond forum
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:32:39 +0100

Eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> Urs Liska wrote
>> Am 21.11.2013 11:40, schrieb David Kastrup:
>>> Eluze &lt;
>
>> eluzew@

>>> What's wrong with &lt;URL:http://www.lilypondforum.de&gt;?  I'm not into
>>> web
>>> forums myself, but it seems there is not much sense in spreading them
>>> thinner than necessary?
>>>
>> Maybe this?
>> http://www.lilypondforum.de/index.php?topic=1627.msg9085#msg9085
>
> exactly - if there is no change in the setup (specifically not allowing
> users to delete other users' contributions) we now have an alternative.

I am assuming that users can't _randomly_ delete other users'
contributions, but rather can delete a _thread_ started by themselves,
and then this includes any contributions made to this thread?  In that
case, it would make sense not to reply anything of substance to the
threads of "self-moderators".

The forum software reminds me of "Musikerboard" where I have been
banned.  In that case, I protested against the _moderator_ of the
Akkordeon subforum against _editing_ my postings changing their meaning.
That guy cleansed out all of the discussion as fast as he could.  He
really was of the opinion that a moderator's job is to let the forum
appear as if he had written it.  I mean, that guy worked overtime, and
the forum is all harmony and happiness (at least the stuff that is still
available), but wow.  I mean wow.

A single _user_ deleting his own threads seems tame in comparison.

It's one of the reasons I prefer mailing lists and/or Usenet: it's much
harder to throw me out.

Uh, I mean, it's the plain deal, no history munging (SPAM filters don't
count).  So yes, a tool where one can better index and present mailing
lists would be nice.  Yes, scoring is a form of history munging too, but
at least the raw deal is still available.

--
David Kastrup