Horizontal alignment of MultiMeasureRest markups

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Horizontal alignment of MultiMeasureRest markups
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 03:36:11 +0100

Hello List,

why is it not possible to horizontal align markups attached to a MultiMeasureRest in the positive direction (i.e. left)?

I expected this code to work, but the \halign seems to be ignored (#-5 would work):

\version "2.17.29"

\new Staff <<
    {
      R1^\markup { \null \halign #5 "text" }
    }

I used the following workaround:

\version "2.17.29"

\new Staff <<
    {
      R1
    }
    \new Voice
    {
      s1^\markup { "text" }
    }

With that I didn’t even need any kind of alignment in my special case, but all alignments would work with this.
It keeps me wondering, though, why it does not work on a MultiMeasureRest. Is that intentional?

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz/Wiesbaden, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de