Re: film score example

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: film score example
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 15:34:58 +0100

Hi,

2013/11/29 Joseph Rushton Wakeling <address@hidden>:
> Hairpins that don't begin or end with a notehead or rest are such a typical
> musical notation, so easy to do by hand or with a WYSIWYG score editor, and
> really annoying and finnicky to do with Lilypond.

What do you think about \at function that David wrote?
(see snippet here
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/input-shorthands/articulations-not-aligned-with-notes)
The syntax is a bit awkward, but this function already does exactly
what we want: allows to insert dynamics and other things in the middle
of the note's duration.  I think it's very nice.

>> - The alignment of the flat sign in text markup like "Clarinet in Bb" is
>> difficult.  I gave up on this one because the approach to make it
>> look right felt too  hard-coded.
>
> I "solved" this in some scores by defining an entity \Bflat that was the B
> combined with the flat sign in the right relative position and size.
> Imperfect but doable.

Thanks to David's work on issue 3330
(http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3330) the spacing
between B and flat symbol is better since 2.17.19 (see attached).  Of
course, the accidental still has wrong size and baseline - i think i
could handle that by creating special versions of accidentals for use
with text (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-09/msg00353.html).

Would you like to sponsor this?  For $20 i could add special
accidentals to LilyPond font and adjust \flat, \sharp and \natural
commands to use them (and maybe others like \semiflat, if i'll have
time).

best,
Janek