Re: frescobaldi macports broken after update

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: frescobaldi macports broken after update
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 13:48:35 -0600

On Jan 25, 2014, at 12:54 AM, Philippe Massart <address@hidden> wrote:

> Davide Liessi-2 wrote
>>> Frescobaldi/MacPorts users: can you please report how does Frescobaldi
>>> behave on your system?
>>> Here is what should happen (and happens on my 10.6 machine and on a
>>> 10.8 machine I can access sometimes):
>>> if you either
>>> - drag and drop a ly file (or any text file, for what is worth) over
>>> the icon of Frescobaldi in the Dock, or
>>> - right-click on a ly file and choose "Open with..." > "Frescobaldi
>>> ([version])", or
>>> - double-click on a ly file associated with Frescobaldi, then Frescobaldi
>>> should start, if it is not already running, and open the file.
>>

> With all the latest updates, all file opening situations work only is
> Frrescobaldi is already launched. If double-clicked, right-click etc. on the
> file with Frescobaldi not yet running, it opens Frescobaldi but not the file.

I see the same on my install (Mavericks 10.9.1 with updated Frescobaldi install
in the past 48 hours).  Double-clicking a .ly file launches Frescobaldi but
does not open the file-  I get a blank, untitled document.  If Frescobaldi is
already open, double clicking a .ly file in the Finder opens the new document
in Frescobaldi.

Also, there is a non-Mac-like behavior.  Clicking the close button on the upper
left hand corner of the document window quits the app.  I realize that on
some/most OSes this is normal behavior, but not Macs.  FWIW.