Re: How do I get Emacs mode? (was: Dynamics not correctly aligned)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: How do I get Emacs mode? (was: Dynamics not correctly aligned)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 22:34:49 +0100

2014/1/27 David Sumbler <address@hidden>
You all suggested, as I was afraid you would, that instead of trying to
get 2.14.2 to do what I want, I should change to 2.18.0.  Considering
that http://www.lilypond.org/unix.html positively encourages us to use
the default version with distros such as Ubuntu (v2.14.2 in this case),
this is not what a new user might expect!

I don't think that this page encourages to use the default distro version, but it's true that it doesn't encourage to use the latest stable. I think that it should, I've added a couple of suggestions in this issue: