Re: Layout issue when parsing line

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Layout issue when parsing line
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 20:42:40 +0100

> well - the collision avoidance behavior of LilyPond may not be optimal here
> but you can simply
>
> -\tweak Glissando.Y-offset #-.5
>
> there might be other solutions (just ask if you're not happy with this)
>
> Eluze

Maybe he is happy with it. I am not quite, because it shifts the
endpoint down, too. This could be solved by some extra-dy value.

But in general, what I would want to achieve here is to move the
glissando and all following notes to the right or to shorten the
glissando on the left.

I therefore tried to solve the original question with X-offset,
extra-X-extend, X-extend and minimum-X-extend (not fully understanding
all of them) but could not find a solution.

Is there a way in LP to say: I need more space here between these two
objects?

Joram