Re: Layout issue when parsing line

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Layout issue when parsing line
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 14:37:01 -0800 (PST)

Noeck wrote
>> well - the collision avoidance behavior of LilyPond may not be optimal
>> here
>> but you can simply
>>
>> -\tweak Glissando.Y-offset #-.5
>>
>> there might be other solutions (just ask if you're not happy with this)
>>
>> Eluze
>
> Maybe he is happy with it. I am not quite, because it shifts the
> endpoint down, too. This could be solved by some extra-dy value.

I was expecting this question

> But in general, what I would want to achieve here is to move the
> glissando and all following notes to the right or to shorten the
> glissando on the left.
>
> I therefore tried to solve the original question with X-offset,
> extra-X-extend, X-extend and minimum-X-extend (not fully understanding
> all of them) but could not find a solution.

so here are some tweaks/overrides:

  % move the glissando horizontally away from the starting note
    \override Glissando.bound-details.left.padding = #3

  % move the glissando horizontally towards the landing note
    \override Glissando.bound-details.right.padding = #0

> Is there a way in LP to say: I need more space here between these two
> objects?

and for this last question:

  \override Glissando.minimum-length=15

which only works if you also override springs-and-rods:

  \override Glissando.springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods

I don't know where all these properties are listed systematically, but I
assume Internals should be the place to start searching.

Eluze