Re: Behaviour of TextSpanner dashes

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Behaviour of TextSpanner dashes
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 08:51:35 -0600

Hi Urs,

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 05.02.2014 15:20, schrieb David Nalesnik:

In fact, there's a markup command \draw-dashed-line which guards against
these clipped edges.

You mean I should replace the TextSpanner by a custom \markup command?

Oh, sorry.  I was just rambling.  I'm thinking that the logic of that command might be extended to an actual enhancement of LilyPond to make such things automatic, but I don't have a good answer to how to achieve what you want with LilyPond as it is.

I imagine you could create a markup command, but a better option may be a custom stencil function for TextSpanner which could deal with broken spanners.

-David