RE: Horizontalized scores

From: Chris Crossen
Subject: RE: Horizontalized scores
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:30:41 -0700

> David Kastrup:
> > "Chris Crossen" <address@hidden> writes:
> > > Is pngtopnm something I need to install on my Mac?
> >
> > Likely.  I think it's part of the ImageMagick suite.
>
>  pngtopnm is part of netpbm:
>
> http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/
> http://netpbm.alioth.debian.org/outside-debian.html
>
>  For the mac, try:
> http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/netpbm10
> https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/graphics/netpbm/Portfile
> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/n
> etpbm.rb
>
> Regards,
> /Karl Hammar

Thank you all for the help I've been getting on my efforts to produce the .png
images I want with Lilypond.

I am almost there. My current problem is that staff lines, measure bars, and
note stems are being anti-aliased despite being perfectly horizontal or
vertical. This makes them look fuzzy.

When I use GIMP to convert a pdf produced with Lilypond to a .png, I get nice
crisp verticals and horizontals, no anti-aliasing. And, the note heads and
other rounded parts are beautifully anti-aliased.

Does anyone know of a way to make Lilypond produce .png files with anti-aliased
rounded parts and crisp straight lines?

Thank you all for your help.
Chris Crossen