Re: Tweaking a tie with shapeII fails

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Tweaking a tie with shapeII fails
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 23:32:09 +0100

Hello,

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to tweak an inconsistent tie with the otherwise excellent
> shapeII function that Janek has written. But in this case I didn't succeed.
> As you can see it does work for a slur, so why doesn't it tweak my tie?
> [.....]

Hmm.... interesting.  this is probably because internally the ties are
handled differently than the slurs (ties are wrapped in a tie column
grob, and also i'm not sure whether they are spanners in the same way
as slurs are).

Unfotunately, this means that notehead attachment of ties won't work
unless a special module for handling ties in shapeII would be written.
 I expect that it would be a piece of quite ugly code (and not trivial
to write), and i won't be able to write it in the foreseeable future
:(
(actually, i believe it would make more sense to fix tie formatting itself).

sorry that i wasn't of more help,
Janek