Re: midi2ly doesn't follow time signatures (beat divisions)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: midi2ly doesn't follow time signatures (beat divisions)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 08:55:53 +0100

Am 20.02.2014 03:09, schrieb Paul Morris:
For what it's worth, if anyone is looking for ways to improve midi2ly, the
first footnote of this blog post:
http://blog.steinberg.net/2014/02/development-diary-part-the-fifth/#fn-523-1

notes that midi2ly does not follow the beat divisions of the time signature
when it decides how to represent tied notes (or rests):

Yes, the very best response to such a post would be to comment on it in a few weeks reporting that we have fixed the issue ;-)

But the rest of the post is also interesting. You surely noticed that Daniel states the obvious deficiencies of Finale and Sibelius with rest positioning, displays LilyPond's output as considerably better and states that they want to be even better than that.

I think this is a demonstration of respect (that is noticeable in most of what he writes anyway).

So please don't start ratning in the comments (again). We had this at the beginning of its existence, and it's good that we've overcome the urge to abuse Steinberg's blog as a free "advertising platform".

Urs