Re: Indenting text block on title page

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Indenting text block on title page
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 21:04:14 +0100

That absolutely gives me the four sections I want, with one caveat -- the text block is left-aligned along the left margin. All I want to do is move it about 20 horizontal spaces; I want to indent it, in other words.

I have found no method to do this on either the block as a whole or on each individual line.

I'm not sure  what you want, but using \halign before a \column works for you?
See example below:

\version "2.18.0"

\markup {
  %\halign #-1.2
  \column {
    \vspace #10
    \fill-line { \line { \fontsize #7 \bold \sans \smallCaps {Title} } }
    \vspace #3

    \fill-line { \line { \fontsize #6 \italic {Compose} } }
    \vspace #3

    \fontsize #3 {
      \halign #-5
      \column {
        \line {  Text}
        \line {  Text}
        \line {  Text}
        \line {  Text}

        \vspace #2

        \line {  Text}
        \line {  Text}
    \vspace #20

    \fill-line { \line { \fontsize #4 © 2014 } }