Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 135, Issue 116

From: MING TSANG
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 135, Issue 116
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 04:02:04 -0800 (PST)

  4. Re:General questions - \unfoldRepeats (Marc Hohl)

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 12:02:50 +0100
From: Marc Hohl <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: General questions - \unfoldRepeats

Am 26.02.2014 11:58, schrieb Yming:

> Sent from my NOOK
>
> MING TSANG <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi, lilyponders:
>  \unfoldRepeats generates a midi file with "\repeat volta 2" music
> properly.
> Is it possible to generate midi file with "D.S. al Code"; "segno"; "To
> Coda" and "Coda" structure of a music?  I like to listen the generated
> midi contains all the D.S. al Code"; "segno"; "To Coda" and "Coda".

No straightforward AFAIK. You can divide your music in parts like

\IntroToSegno
\SegnoToCoda
\CodaToEnd
\Coda

and create a separate \midi block with the correct order

\IntroToSengo
\SegnoToCoda
\CodaToEnd
\SegnoToCoda
\Coda

HTH,

Marc
> Emmanuel,
> Ming

Marc,
Very good idea/suggestion. I have not thought to do this way.  I was doing cut and paste to the music before and find it error prone and cumbersome.   Thank you for your suggestion. I will just do that.
Emmanuel,
Ming