Winterreise (was: Oskar Fried: the Big Bang)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Winterreise (was: Oskar Fried: the Big Bang)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:01:59 +0100

Am 11.03.2014 17:57, schrieb Federico Bruni:
Congratulations! I'm very glad to see that your hard work has been rewarded.

I'll do my best to support the liberation of the book. This is a succesful
campaign which might inspire you:
http://debian-handbook.info/liberation/

Inspiring story, indeed.
But - as with the OpenGoldberg project - there is a significant difference to our initiative. Both the Goldberg Variations and Debian are somewhat "central works". Of course Bach more than an operating system, but you'll get what I mean.

Not having a free book about Debian is definitely a bigger loss than not having a free edition of Fried's music.

So the incentive in our case should probably be targeted more at LilyPond itself, or the quality of free software in general and the power of plain text based workflows in particular.

You may be interested in reading this too:
http://www.preining.info/blog/2014/03/power-tex-music-scores/

Best
Urs