Re: BreathingSigns and automatic beams

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: BreathingSigns and automatic beams
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 09:13:54 +0200 (CEST)

> - The mark generally doesn't affect the music spacing or beaming in
>   any way.

I can't believe that it doesn't affect spacing.  As soon as you insert
something visible into the score that has a timing value (and a
breathing mark definitely has, if probably not specified exactly), it
*must* take part of the horizontal formatting.  You even give a hint
how to position it:

> - Horizontally it is at the end of a note's duration before the
>   following note (or possibly over a bar line in tight situations).

Over a bar line?  Can you show a real-world example of that in a
printed edition?  I've never seen that before.

    Werner