Re: How to handle changing transpositions

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: How to handle changing transpositions
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 13:46:27 +0200

Am 09.09.2014 um 11:46 schrieb Urs Liska:
Hi list,

I have a problem understanding how to efficiently deal with horn parts that change their transposition with the clef.

That is: In the treble clef the part is notated as \transpose f, c
while in the bass clef it is notated in concert pitch.
This is extremely unusual, I should say. Normally the bass clef would be notated as \transpose f c, that is, as if it were octavating. And isn’t it rather confusing if the transposition changes with the clef? I assume that your master copy of the „Trunkene Lied” uses this convention, but in your place I’d consider changing it, to be honest.

Yours, Simon