Re: How to handle changing transpositions

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: How to handle changing transpositions
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:03:46 +0200

Hi Kieren,

On 09.09.2014 14:55, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Jan-Peter,
>
>> may I again mention the auto-transpose snippet.
> Does the key signature get changed automatically, even if the key-signatures
> are defined “externally” (i.e., in a variable) and change DURING THE TIME the
> player is on the second (or third) instrument?
I intended to use the engraver inside the Staff-context, but it might
work inside other (parental) contexts as well. It listens for
note-events and key-change events and transposes them "on the fly".
So *if* the key-signature is seen by the engraver, it will get
transposed. What it can't do (right now) is create a key-signature, when
there is none defined, but the instrument transposition changes.

Perhaps I can explain a bit more in the evening.

Best, Jan-Peter