Re: About a RULE I hadn't found in the Bible (Beyond bars)

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: About a RULE I hadn't found in the Bible (Beyond bars)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 23:39:33 +0200

Hello,

I think it's best practice to use curly braces around the differing parts, and place the common ending centered between the outermost stanzas. However, I must consider it a desideratum for lilypond to provide an interface for this. It is a major task to fit this into the current architecture, though, and I couldn't think about a solution yet. It would probably involve entering all stanzas in one compound _expression_ somehow.
In the meantime: If you have an odd number of stanzas, it's simple to just put the common part after the middle stanza. If unfortunately the number is even :-), perhaps put it after the first stanza and insert something like Firstsyllabeofrefrain... in the other stanzas?
Or did anyone come up with a brilliant solution already, which I hitherto failed to notice?

Yours, Simon