Re: map-some-music question

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: map-some-music question
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 17:33:34 -0700 (PDT)

Jay Vara wrote
> I am trying to display all the names that appear in a piece of music
> (NoteEvent etc.) using map-some-music. It the function musNam is only
> printing the top level name. What am I missing here?

Hi Jay,  From music-functions.scm:

-----------
(define-public (map-some-music map? music)
  "Walk through @var{music}, transform all elements calling @var{map?}
and only recurse if this returns @code{#f}.  @code{elements} or
@code{articulations} that are not music expressions are discarded:
this allows some amount of filtering.
-----------

So the following does what you want because the lambda returns #f
You may also want to look at "music-map", also defined in
music-functions.scm.

HTH,
-Paul

\version "2.18.2"

#(define (name-of music) (display-scheme-music (ly:music-property music
'name)))

musNam = #(define-music-function (parser location myx) (ly:music?)
            (map-some-music
             (lambda (evt) (name-of evt) #f)
             myx)
            #{ #})