Re: Feedback Request for Music Fonts

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Feedback Request for Music Fonts
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 02:14:28 +0200

Dear Abraham,

the possibility to switch fonts is just great. Thank you! I have to
admit that I really like the default Emmentaler font (it is carefully
designed and I am used to it). Some follow up thoughts:

- Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyc music font
As you are often asking for scores with a nice font, I recently found
scores printed by the Polish publisher Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyc (PWM).
This is the only scan, I found in the same style:
http://javanese.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/2/23/IMSLP06555-Cantabile.pdf
I don’t need it really. But it looks good in my opinion.

- Stylesheets
You offer some stylesheets on the fonts website as a zip file. What do
you think about including them in the openlilylib git repo?

- Stylesheets and text fonts
The stylesheets could incorporate overrides for the text fonts, too. The
tuplet numbers in Profondo could be bold, for example. That leads me to
two more questions:
  1) Can the tuplet numbers and other numbers be written in the same
     font as the music font? Does your machinery allow to take these
     numbers from Bravura for example and put it in a normal text font?
  2) Do you or does anyone know text fonts similar to the ones used in
     many old scores, like here:

http://javanese.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/7/7f/IMSLP00115-Chopin_-_Ballade_No1.pdf
     with the characteristic narrow letters and a remarkably big
     difference in the width of horizontal and vertical lines
     (black and thick vertical lines and very thin horizontal lines)?
     I would be interested in any font shape (regular, bold, italic).

Cheers,
Joram