Re: Combining Multimeasure rests

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Combining Multimeasure rests
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:50:16 +0100

Am 11.11.2014 09:32, schrieb Mike Solomon:

On Nov 11, 2014, at 10:29 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

No idea anybody?

I think I can narrow down the question even more:

Running the attached file gives

(make-music (quote Music))

on the command line. So what I need seems to be a test that returns true if passed the above Scheme construct.
I'm not completely sure if that will bring me forward, but I do hope so ...

Best
Urs

This is possible with a custom Scheme function but not currently part of LilyPond.

Well, it *is* from the context of a Scheme function, which is attached to the initial post of this thread.

It is, however, part of abjad if you want to go down that route - abjad.mbrsi.org It has a pretty complete LilyPond parser and can do all sorts of cool merging stuff.

While I have been interested in looking at abjad for quite some time I don't think that's a possible approach here.
I have my input files and they contain function calls in between the music or rests. Depending on the compilation context these functions return breaks or nothing, so they are just there. And parsing/updating the input files is not an option.

The combinable-rest? predicate in the function files considers an 'element of the ly:music? it is passed combinable if it is
- a rest and
- is called 'MultiMeasureRestMusic and
- doesn't have any 'articulation

What I need is a way to either
- accept the above construct of an empty music function in the combinable-rest? test or
- drop the item from the 'elements list

Urs

Cheers,
MS