Re: Printing titles at a consistent size

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Printing titles at a consistent size
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 17:35:42 +0000

On Sun, 2015-01-18 at 11:25 -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > But is there perhaps a better way of getting the titles to appear the
> > same size in the score and parts, despite the different staff sizes in
> > the music that follows the titles?
>
>     \markup \abs-fontsize …
>
> is your friend.  =)
>
> Hope this helps!
> Kieren.

This seems a promising idea, and I was cross with myself that I had not
spotted \abs-fontsize for myself.

But now that I have tried it, I am getting a bizarre result: the titles
in the score are as specified in my version of bookTitleMarkup; but
although the parts have the correct font-sizes, both vertical spacing of
the lines and horizontal spacing of individual letters is abnormal, and
is in proportion to the staff-size set.  Try as I might, I can't work
out why this is happening.

The basic structure I have, missing out everything that appears to be
irrelevant, is this:

\version "2.18.0"

%'include' file containing definition of myBookTitleMarkup

titleStr = "Title"
subtitleStr = "Subtitle"

\paper {
  bookTitleMarkup = \myBookTitleMarkup