Re: Grand Advanced Stylesheet Project (GASP)

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Grand Advanced Stylesheet Project (GASP)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 08:44:37 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Urs Liska wrote:

Am 18.01.2015 um 20:42 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
 My idea is that we have a basic set of stylesheets for the main types of
 scores — e.g., piano solo, organ solo, instrumental solo/part, choir, full
 score, etc. — which can be \include-d by the user to give a truly
 beautiful default appearance right out of the box.

There could be a hierarchy of different building blocks, and the actual include file would pick from them what it needs and optionally add more items to the stylesheet.

I like the ideas of such stylesheets. Would also be great to use when integrated in the Frescobaldi templates.

But before needing all kinds of includes for different kinds of scores: I think there is still enough room for improvement for the raw default LilyPond output - without needing extra include files.

--

MT