Re: Adding lyrics to basic drum beat

From: Kevin Tough
Subject: Re: Adding lyrics to basic drum beat
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 09:04:20 +0100

Hi Joram,

I've been reading and trying to get this to work, experimenting.
In order to output midi and pdf your code must be put in a score block
with a layout and midi block inside. As soon as I enclose the code in
the \score block Lilypond says it cannot find voice "voice". I tried
using quotes around "voice" as in the documentation, no improvement. I
changed voice to voicehh thinking perhaps voice is a keyword, no
improvement. I took my \include statements for my favorite printing
scheme in and out. Nothing appears to work so far. Why should the \score
block effect Lilypond to find this voices name??

Here is my minimal code as it now stands. I've commented out the \score
block and the *.pdf is fine but no midi.

\version "2.18.2"

%\score {
  <<
    \new DrumStaff  <<
      \new DrumVoice = voice { \stemUp \drummode { hh4 hh hh hh }}
      \new DrumVoice { \stemDown \drummode { bd4 sn bd sn }}

    \new Lyrics \lyricsto voice { One Two Three Four }

  \layout {
  indent = 0.0\cm
  }
  \midi {