Re: Adding lyrics to basic drum beat

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Adding lyrics to basic drum beat
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 13:20:01 +0100

>> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> returns:
>>> warning: cannot find Voice `DV'
>>>
>>>      \new Lyrics
>>>                  \lyricsto "DV"  { One Two Three Four }
>>>
>>> Coding \layout instead of \midi (or commenting it) will show correct
>>> assigned lyrics, though.
>>
>> The context hierarchy is supposed to behave the same for all outputs (of
>> course, unless you mess around with output definitions).  If it doesn't,
>> that's a bug.  I propose entering it in the tracker.  I don't have a
>> good idea off the bat what may be causing this behavior.
>>
>> --
>> David Kastrup
>
> It's now issue 4281:
> https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=4281
>
> Cheers,
>   Harm

Hi Kevin,

in the light of
https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=4281#c2
you can do for 2.18.2:

\version "2.18.2"

\paper { ragged-right = ##f }

m =
  <<
    \new DrumStaff
      <<
       \new DrumVoice \drummode { \voiceOne hh4 hh hh r hh }
       \new DrumVoice = "dv" \drummode { \voiceTwo bd4 sn bd r sn }

    \new Lyrics
      \lyricsto "dv" { One Two Three Four  }

\score {
  \m