Re: Broken ligatures in recent LilyPond versions

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Broken ligatures in recent LilyPond versions
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 21:34:43 +0100

Hi Werner,

thanks for the reply.

> Unfortunately, this is currently beyond our control.  What you see is
> the default rendering with the pango library.  Right now, lilypond
> lacks a font interface to control OpenType features.

And why did it work before? Because the old pango library did it differently?
Does each LilyPond come with its own pango lib?

By the way, the svg backend does the ligatures (it probably puts the text there
and leaves it to inkscape to render the ligatures?).

> Note it seems that there are also bugs in Pango that prevent correct
> ligature rendering in general, cf.
>
>   https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2656
>
> We would need a Windows developer to debug that...

But I produced this on Linux.

Best,
Joram