Re: How to increase the distance between systems? (new try)

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: How to increase the distance between systems? (new try)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:21:59 +0100

Hi Kaj,

I don't understand this part:

> But obviously  VerticalAxisGroup will do the job much as good as StaffGrouper
> also when the staves are grouped, even if this might be against the designed
> rule.

If you comment out the StaffGrouper line in my layout block, you will see that
the VerticalAxisGroup setting does not affect the staves grouped with
StaffGroup.
The reason why there are two different settings is that you can adjust these
spacings to different values in such a case:

  <<
    \new StaffGroup <<
      \new Staff { c'1 e'1 }
      \new Staff { d'1 f'1 }

    \new Staff { d'1 f'1 }

Where a staff group is grouped with other non-grouped staves.

Joram