Re: Music symbols in Inkscape

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Music symbols in Inkscape
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:38:44 +0200

Am 11.06.2015 um 08:30 schrieb Noeck:
> Hi Carlo,
>
> that's why I suggested the svg export way (2), not because you then take
> the whole score but you can then copy and move the symbols as you like.
> You don't even have to use a score. Here is a reference:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/the-feta-font
> and you can use the glyphs like
> \markup { \musicglyph #"clefs.G" }
>
> If you prefer way (3), you can install the fonts in Debian. Under Ubuntu
> this works: open the folder /usr/share/lilypond/2.18.2/fonts/otf and
> open the fonts with the font viewer, this has a button "install". Not
> sure for debian.

Same for Debian/Gnome

> Once you have installed it, you can use a character map to choose the
> glyphs.

And (I think this hasn't been mentioned) when you have installed the
fonts that way you can open LilyPond created PDFs in Inkscape and the
glyphs should appear correctly.

IIRC this behaviour (not respecting included fonts) is considered a bug
(or at least a feature request) with Inkscape.

Urs