Re: Snowballing

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Snowballing
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 19:24:35 +0200

Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> is it just me who has been having a kind of ‘snowballing’ problem on
> the -user and -devel lists for the last two days or so? Most of the
> mails arrive two up to six (!) times, and I’ve no clue why. A bug in
> mailman?

Not exactly snowballing.  Sometimes people send messages multiple times
because they don't see them arrive the first time.

And the GNU list server sometimes regurgitates old messages, like from a
day ago or so.  But that happens rather rarely, and in the last month or
so I have seen all in all maybe 5 such repeated messages.

--
David Kastrup