Re: using Lilypond

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: using Lilypond
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 14:11:27 +0100

Hello Jud and Welcome to the wonderful pond!

I would really recommend you to download and install Frescobaldi.
http://frescobaldi.org/

Frescobaldi is an Editor/IDE for creating Lilypond files.

Lilypond take on (or multiple) text files with commands for how it should create the sheet music. You can create the file in any (notepad) text editor, but as I said Frescobaldi will get you there much faster and easier!

Best of luck!

// Anders
PS! Reading the Introductions http://lilypond.org/introduction.html will save you time!