Re: Bravura svg font

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Bravura svg font
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 15:31:23 -0800

On 2016-01-07 02:57, Paul Booker wrote:
Thanks Nathan,
Since posting, I've scanned the bug and devel groups, and it would appear I am not being fashionable in wanting to do this. The trend seems to be toward
woff fonts for svg, is that the case?

Yes and no. The openlilylib font project mostly supersedes the SMuFL implementation. I haven't been keeping up on the project (since I haven't been using LilyPond much lately), but I'd wager it is superior for the specific case of typesetting music in Bravura/Profondo. When the site gets back up, I suggest you use their work.

However, the LilyJAZZ dynasty still lives on. The most serious use is probably Robert PiƩchaud's commercial font November. The least serious use is the recent Christmas font adaptation by Leigh Verlag :)

Nathan