Re: Gregorian clefs

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Gregorian clefs
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 23:16:36 +0100

> Dear reader,
>
> I try to add the command \clef vaticana-do1 (or 2 or 3) into a text for a
> score
> In the report there is always a reference like "vaticana-do" is invalid,

Not exactly. It's:
warning: unknown clef type `vaticana-do'

Note different quotation marks.

> followed y
> the valid clefs, wich include the clef I have in my text. So, it seems the
> programm
> does not recognize its own clefs, or is there something I missed?

Yep.

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#clef
"Clef names containing non-alphabetic characters must be enclosed in quotes"

You need to use "vaticana-do", _with_ quotation marks, like:

\new VaticanaStaff { \clef "vaticana-do1" c'1 }

Cheers,
  Harm