glissando without start note?

From: BB
Subject: glissando without start note?
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:09:39 +0100

With stringed instruments a playing technique (mainly in Rock, Pop, Blues, Jazz) to get some acoustic effect is to slide up a string to a defined fret without a real starting fret. I tried a noatation:

% 1st trial

{e'4

r4

\glissando e'''2 |

}

% glissando does not work

For optical reasons I tried to make the rest to a starting point of the glissando - does not work?

% 2nd trial

{e'4

r4

\once \hide NoteHead

\once \hide Stem

\grace g'

\glissando e'''2 |

}

% \grace to avoid bar time length problem !

That works but it is optical not stisfacting, I would say it is ugly.

% 3rd trial

%{

{e'4

\once \hide NoteHead

\once \hide Stem

< r4 \grace g'>

\glissando e'''2

}

%}

That would come close to my intention, but does not work either.

Is there any nice solution?