Re: There is no key signature in the generated Midi file ?

From: Teerilahti Esko
Subject: Re: There is no key signature in the generated Midi file ?
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:27:32 +0200

Always something missing, when I try to be short.
I also have there definition
 \language ”suomi”  (finnish)
so ”h" is same as b, please do not stick to that.

I didn’t yet get the lilymidi to work (missing midi.py, for some reason)

I looked at the hex dump, and Yes, there is
FF 59 02 03 = Key signature ,  3 sharps = A major.

However, I still do not understand why Finale Songwriter or MidiYogi cannot find it.
They can find it from midifiles, produced by other tools.

There might be something else ’non-standard’ which makes those to ignore some of the information.

Desperately looking for proper midi file analyser (for Mac)

BR
Esko