Re: moving slur attachment points globally

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: moving slur attachment points globally
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:36:29 -0500

Hi Andrew,

> But when slurs are up and stems are up they can’t start at 4:30 can they?

Of course they can. In the best of all possible worlds, the user would be able
[without explicit and individual \shape or #’details overrides] to say
something like

<pseudocode>
    \override Score.Slur.attachment-point = #’((Notehead . center) (Stem . tip))
    \override Score.Slur.left.attachment-angle = #’((Notehead . -45) (Stem .
-45))
    \override Score.Slur.right.attachment-angle = #’((Notehead . -135) (Stem .
-135))
    \override Score.Slur.left.attachment-padding = #’((Notehead . 0.66) (Stem .
0.9))
    \override Score.Slur.right.attachment-padding = #’((Notehead . 0.5) (Stem .
1.1))
    % etc.
<\pseudocode>

That is to say, it wouldn’t be difficult to find a few (e.g., 6?)
settings/parameters by which exactly the global override I’m thinking of would
be achievable.

In particular, regarding the [fake] #’attachment-point parameter above: Janek’s
\shape function(s) has/have [because of my request, actually] an override that
allows you to determine the attachment point. So clearly much of this work is
already done, if not “Pond-worthy”.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Kieren.