Re: install frescoba 2.18.2 in Ubuntu

From: Bernard
Subject: Re: install frescoba 2.18.2 in Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 08:02:15 +0100

Hi Noeck,

Very good idea. I am happy to help.

First of all  the page : http://frescobaldi.org/download
For me that page is in Dutch, so I am not 100% sure what you can see or read. I prefer the Wikipedia style, you can pin-point to a specific page, in a specific language, most often English. Which can be correct, or incorrect but never be inconsistent with itself. (I like robustness).

For me writes (in Dutch) :

--------------------------

Linux

De meeste Linux-distributies hebben Frescobaldi in het pakketbeheer opgenomen. Op de Debian-gebaseerde distributies zoals Ubuntu volstaat een eenvoudig commando sudo apt-get install frescobaldi.

Mocht Frescobaldi niet voorhanden zijn dan kan het vrij eenvoudig van broncode geïnstalleerd worden, zie onder.

Van broncode installeren

Short translation.
use :

sudo apt-get install frescobaldi

It should mention version 2.16.2 would (can be) installed. This is weird because the website itself mentions 2.18.2 (I do not get what I expect to get).
The best solution would be of course that 2.18.2 would be installed automatic. But that might be outside your or Frescobaldi's control. If not add the info what you gave me.

Then a sentencence "it Frescobaldi is not available ... " (for me fresbaldi was available but not the correct version) "then it easy can be installed from source", with the instruction how to install from source. But that causes the depencies hell for me. It is not easy, and the instructions to do so are incorrect, or incomplete.

I hope that does help.

Bernard

for you it might be a bi