Re: Long words in lyrics and spacing

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Long words in lyrics and spacing
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 19:36:55 +0100

On 28.02.2016 08:45, Andrew Bernard wrote:
If I remove the call to the consists statement in the layout block, the long words run over the bar. If you add it in, they line up. I don’t understand why.

If you add a Bar_engraver to the Lyrics, it will engrave BarLines. Lyrics contexts are by default set up so that these end up invisible: <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/lyrics>. But the LyricText grobs will then avoid the BarLines.

Best, Simon