Re: Long words in lyrics and spacing

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Long words in lyrics and spacing
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 14:51:40 -0600

On Sun 28 Feb 2016 at 12:00:00 (-0700), Klaus Blum wrote:

> follow the link given by Simon. There you'll find that the extent of the
> barlines is set to
>       '(-0.05 . 0.05)
> by default. They appear as a very small point.

Not so small. I can clearly see them with A4/Letter set to my screen
width. Thanks for that, Klaus.

So Andrew's example has the barlines set transparent, and the example
in LM doesn't bother to remove the Span_bar_engraver so the dots are
hidden underneath the barlines. And I saw no change because the lyrics
wouldn't collide with those barlines.

Isn't 0.05 rather large? Before I learnt that I could typeset non-ascii
spaces to push things aside, I used to use "invisible" dots defined with
invisibledot = \lyricmode { \once \override LyricText.font-size = #-19 "." }
which are almost invisible at 1600% but can be seen for checking. Any
less, like -25, and I'm down to one pixel which is trying for my eyes,
and by -33 all visual trace has gone.

Cheers,
David.