Re: How to create a leadsheet from a collection of parts in a score

From: Stan Mulder
Subject: Re: How to create a leadsheet from a collection of parts in a score
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 15:20:48 +0000 (UTC)

tisimst <tisimst.lilypond <at> gmail.com> writes:

> No reason you can't do what you proposed! There is going to be quite a few
ways to do what you'd like. I'm not sure they would be any better than yours
without seeing a sample of the final score. However, once you implement your
idea, it may be helpful and instructive for you to share your file here (or
privately with any number of our experienced users) to get some commentary,
both about the code structure and general coding style, and potentially
things that could be improved/simplified/etc. Lots of good things to learn
here from others!
> Best,
> Abraham

Thank you Abraham. I will try to come up with an example soon. I would like
to learn how to accomplish this without resorting to kludges that create bad
coding. My philosophy in coding is that something should be written once (if
at all possible) and then included as many times a necessary. That way, when
it's time to do a revision, you just change the single definition and all
other instances of that passage get updated as well, rather than having
multiple versions of the same notes. That's a nightmare.

Talk with the group soon as I get a little further along with the project.

Stan