Re: Multi-measure rests and mark collisions ...

From: Anthonys Lists
Subject: Re: Multi-measure rests and mark collisions ...
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 16:24:06 +0100

On 22/04/2016 14:49, Paul Scott wrote:
I assume Wol (like me) has the problem where the compressed rest happens
>in the part, not in the full score — but one wants not to have to use
>multiple \tag constructs just to handle this issue.
Me too.  I asked a long time ago and got the idea that I was the only
one concerned about this.  Essentially why is alignment different for
multi-measure rests than notes.
And other things too? Try the following ...

f1->\fermata R1*3 R1\fermata

The first fermata prints fine. The second fermata prints "programming error: Object is not a markup." in the log and doesn't print. So that's another bug tracked down in my piece, but - from a musician's pov - it doesn't make sense that the first example on a note should work fine, and the second on a rest produces an error. (It never used to work on notes at all, iirc, only as a mark on barlines, so maybe I should be grateful for small mercies :-)

It's easy enough to fix - something like "\markup #symbol.fermata" - I'll have to look up the syntax - but it's just frustrating that it's not consistent.

Cheers,
Wol