Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.19.0

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.19.0
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 18:22:01 +0200

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 10:22:23 +0200
Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 22.04.2016 um 10:19 schrieb Johan Vromans:
> >> Frescobaldi 2.19.0 has been released into the wild.
> > Good job! Thanks!
> >
> >>   - The new LilyPond feature to embed source code files in the PDF
> >> (LilyPond >= 2.19.39) can be used in publish mode and the custom
> >> engrave dialog (#813)
> > I must have missed this in the discussions... What can I do with this?
>
> You can ensure that anyone who gets the PDF also has access to the
> source files.

While trying to find out why this didn't work I noticed that Frescobaldi
registers the version of the lilypond binary when that binary is added
(Preferences > Lilypond preferences). It doesn't notice that a binary has
been updated.

In my case, the /usr/bin/lilypond was upgraded to 2.19.39 but Frescobaldi
still considered it to be 2.19.22, disabling the embed files feature.

Is this (not detecting upgrades) intentional behaviour?

-- Johan