Re: LilyPond logo?

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: LilyPond logo?
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 15:24:42 +0200

Am 2016-08-05 um 14:40 schrieb Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden>:

> Here's tests with the different proposition.
> I've added mine at last but I'm not satisfied yet.

While I like the bold stylized look of the other attempts, I find your version
most suitable with regard to the typographical focus of LilyPond. I mean, the
others are modern logos, yours is more like a printer’s ornament.
Maybe you could simplify the flower a bit more, then I’d "buy" it.

IMO it’s more important to get it working in type sizes, as was the OP’s
intended use; a colored version would be good as application logo or website
favicon. In big sizes, like on the homepage, I’d stick to the image we have.

WRT experts: I’m a media designer and printing engineer.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm