Re: Forcing a DynamicText to appear inside the staff

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Forcing a DynamicText to appear inside the staff
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 23:44:58 +0200

Hi Thomas,

Am 10.08.2016 um 19:13 schrieb Thomas Weber:
in old orchestral scores one can observe that engravers did not hesitate to make more room in dense situations by moving dynamics into the staff rather than putting them below (or above).

I mostly work on choral scores, where the problem might even be more imminent due to the lyrics. And I very much think allowing dynamics to overlap with the staff is a good idea, so I’ve been facing this a lot and made many essays at writing a music function that is easy to use (easy to understand and easy to type), versatile, and well maintainable. Unfortunately I haven’t found a satisfactory solution yet, and I can’t delve into the subject more right now. So I’m sorry to provide no more help at the moment except for this issue tracker link: <https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4316/>. Some of the problems encountered are mentioned there.

HTH a bit,
Simon