Dynamic text font

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Dynamic text font
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 22:27:16 +1000

Hi All,

When using customised fonts for dynamics, the following works just fine:

\override DynamicText.font-name = "Noto Serif Bold Italic"

But I have a new commercial Open Type font on the Linux system, correctly installed as proven by being able to use it in other applications:

\override DynamicText.font-name = "Core Slab M 27 Cn ExtraLight Italic"

but lilypond does not use it, despite reporting its existence using lilypond -dshow-available-fonts.

I cannot imagine what is going wrong here. Is there a remote possibility that a font name with digits in it is rejected? The names is the correct name of the font, part of a large family from type foundry S-Core.

Using 2.19.48 on Linux Mint 18 KDE.

Andrew