Re: Lyrics clash with volta bar in StaffGroup

From: Jonathan Scholbach
Subject: Re: Lyrics clash with volta bar in StaffGroup
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 14:02:51 +0200

I think that

\once\override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #LEFT

is a rather uncomely workaround, since the change of the relation between note and lyrics is very striking to the eye, and one might wonder about the meaning of this change, where there is no such meaning.

Anyway, your answer, Pierre, pointed me into the right direction: I now override the X-offset of the whole note (see the MWE below). Since the lyrics are aligned with the note, that override avoids the clash as well, and without affecting the alignment of the lyrics along the note. Now I am able to avoid each clash manually. So now a function would be perfect, which performed this override automatically after every volta. Can somebody tell me how to do that? (I think this function would be worth adding to the standard behaviour of StaffGroup, wouldn't it?)

this is the MWE:

\version "2.19.22"

alignNotesAfterVolta = \once \override NoteColumn.X-offset = #2

text = \lyricmode { Text. Text as well }

music = \relative c' {
  \repeat volta 2 {
    e1
  }