Re: Mac OSX Sierra Compatibility

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Mac OSX Sierra Compatibility
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 09:52:30 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Trevor Bača-2 [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Abraham Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings, all!

With the recent release of Mac OSX Sierra (10.12), I was wondering if anyone who has taken that upgrade has since found any substantial problems with LilyPond and/or Frescobaldi?

I installed yesterday, and LilyPond *appears* to be working without a hitch. (I can't speak to Fescobaldi, however.)

The MacBook did, however, have some spotty shut-down (and restart) issues after install, however. (Hanging on a black screen after explicit requests for either process.) But those problems magically disappeared this morning.

Seems stable so far.

Thanks, Trevor! That's what I was hoping (I'm not on Mac, myself, so I couldn't confirm or deny anything).

The reason I'm asking is because there has been some interest on Facebook and other sites since the other major apps were announcing their compatibility. I thought I'd make mention of LilyPond's state of affairs with the upgrade too. If anyone else has had any experience, good or bad, after upgrading to Sierra, please let me know soon if you would.

Thanks!
Abraham