Re: PyQt5 (was: LilyPond MIDI Input and Export Tutorials (with Audio Pla

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: PyQt5 (was: LilyPond MIDI Input and Export Tutorials (with Audio Playback) Tutorials)
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 16:59:41 +0100

Il giorno dom 4 dic 2016 alle 9:53, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I'm running LMDE2 (Linux Mint Debian Edition), and requesting the Debian
Version returns 8.4. Interestingly there's exactly one other person
having expressed this problem and he also was running Debian 8.4.

So I'm pretty sure the problem would go away by upgrading PyQt to a more recent version than available in my specific Debian's repositories. But
I feel daunted to do this manually because it's such a huge beast with
presumably countless dependencies.

So if anyone can give me a hint on how to force an upgrade or to add a
current installation *beside* the package one I'd be very glad.

Can you install PyQt in a virtualenv?
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyQt5/

Otherwise you may try pinning a package in a different repository. Don't know how Linux Mint works...