Re: Openlilylib snippets announcement

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Openlilylib snippets announcement
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 14:22:20 +0100

Am 7. Dezember 2016 13:51:26 MEZ, schrieb "N. Andrew Walsh" <address@hidden>:
>Maybe someone on the list can help me quickly, because I *always* lose
>the
>instructions:
>
>On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> 1)
>> openLilyLib snippets (and packages) are designed to be includable.
>That
>> means once you have "installed" openLilyLib (by downloading/cloning
>and
>> adding it to LilyPond's include path) you can access the
>functionality
>> exposed in openLilyLib. Snippets from the LSR have to be copied and
>> pasted in your own files.
>>

>How do I actually install the oll repository locally? I don't see any
>instructions at https://github.com/openlilylib for how to do this. I
>assume
>it's with the 'git remote add' command, but I don't see this explicitly
>stated anywhere. Can one of you please help?

Hm.
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets
*does* have a README with instructions.

What you want is git clone (not remote add).

Clone
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets into an arbitrary oll root directory
and add "snippets" to thr include path.

Additionally you (specifically, for the Kayser scores) want at least the

oll-core
scholarly
breaks
page-layout

repositories in addition.
For these you have to add the root directory to Lily's include path.

HTH
Urs