Re: Table of Contents - order by page

From: Freddy Ouellette
Subject: Re: Table of Contents - order by page
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:31:05 +0000

Yes... of course that works fine. But it's a workaround, not a fix. The way my
files are laid out, I have several files with individual pieces, and each of
their facsimile pages. I would like to keep these facsimile pages in the same
ly file as the music, but in the final book put all the facsimile pages AFTER
the music. Each of the variables are bookparts, which means I have to put the
tocItem in the variable, not in the final book.

Piece_1.ly
  Piece_1_Music *tocItem "Piece 1"
  Piece_1_Facsimile *tocItem "Facsimiles"

Piece_2.ly
  Piece_2_Music *tocItem "Piece 2"
  Piece_2_Facsimile

Final Book order:

Piece_1_Music
Piece_2_Music
Piece_1_Facsimile
Piece_2_Facsimile

The above configuration would result in the issue described, with the facsimile
tocitem appearing BEFORE the piece 2 tocitem in the table of contents even
though it comes after it in the book.

In general it annoys me in lilypond that variables have to be only ONE thing,
and first of all you can't combine, say a variable and a tocitem into another
single variable, and second of all even when you do

Freddy