Re: New LilyPond website

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 08:01:26 +0100

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 23:54:16 +0100, Michael Gerdau <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm fine with using javascript on any site as long as I who generally
> and deliberately disables javascript can still use that site.

I'd like to add: There is good value in javascript for web sites. However,
an astonishing number of websites nowadays blindly include a vast
collection of 3rd party javascript. Thats' where the risks are, since you
cannot control what the 3rd parties will do (now, and in some future) with
their code and your data. And yes, that includes WP, Google Analytics,
JQuery, and so on.

So some local javascript can be pretty safe. 3rd party scripts? No thanks.

-- Johan